Markets, NESTEGG Score & Cash Balance Plans
June 6, 2018
Midway through second quarters earning season, we are seeing record earnings from domestic corporations as they continue to benefit from a vibrant economy and 2018 tax reductions. Our stock and bond markets have continued the normal volatility we experienced in the first quarter, primarily due to domestic discussions around tariffs, global economic uncertainty and the potential for three interest rate increases from the federal bank this year. We continue to believe blue chip stocks and short term, high quality bonds are well positioned for the second half of the year.
PICTURES OF OUR MACOTS (LILY AND MACY)
Women, Wine and Wealth - June 21, 6PM, Arid Club
Travel Buddies - July 25, 6PM, Arid Club
We recently tweaked our NESTEGG Score to be a bit more comprehensive. Make sure we update your score next time we talk.
YOUR NESTEGG SCORE IS
- INVESTMENTS: Wealth begins and ends with investments. We need cost/tax efficient investments providing confidence during volatile times and growth during strong markets.
- FAMILY: Ensuring we consider needs of your parents, children or others you care about
- TAXES: Optimize our investments and planning with recent tax changes in mind
- PLANNING - FINANCIAL/RETIREMENT: Plan for your financial future and retirement. Consider monthly expenses, medical costs, bucket list activities and family.
- CHARITABLE PLANNING: How to give in the most tax efficient manner
- ESTATE PLANNING: Protect your estate and distribute per your desires
- HEALTH/ MEDICAL: Include medical costs in our planning and ensure you are active, engaged and spiritually connected so you enjoy your hard-earned retirement.
If you would like to discuss one of these topics further or a complimentary copy of our new 114 Tips in Retirement, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.Falconer@RaymondJames.com.
Wood Tarver Financial is a Treasure Valley based Investment practice focusing on assisting their clients with the transition to retirement. We specialize in working with business leaders and owners. Our mission is to deeply improve the lives of our clients, team members and community through a thoughtful and patient investments.
The information has been obtained from sources considered to be reliable, but we do not guarantee that the foregoing material is accurate or complete. Any opinions are those of the author and not necessarily those of RJFS or Raymond James. Please note, changes in tax laws may occur at any time and could have a substantial impact upon each person's situation. While we are familiar with the tax provisions of the issues presented herein, as Financial Advisors of RJFS, we are not qualified to render advice on tax or legal matters. You should discuss tax or legal matters with the appropriate professional.